Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting my SEW on!

Phew! My sewing machine was on fire today! I had a day with no hubby and no kiddos so I spent it getting some much anticipated projects completed. I sewed a pair of curtains for our laundry room windows. I will show them off later when I get them hung.
I sewed a rainbow curtain for Rumor's bunkbed...a nice little surprise for her while she is away at grandma's house.



About a month ago, I purchased 6 napkins and a tablecloth from the sale section at Pier 1 imports. At first I thought I was going to use it to make pillows and a bedspread for Rumor's rainbow room...but I couldn't find a second table cloth...and she has bunk beds. My next idea is way better though...pillows for my couch and I used some of the table cloth to cover an old chest of mine. The chest was built by my GREAT GREAT Grandfather and the top has some pretty yucky marks on it because my grandma had stained it and then put a cloth material on it...I think maybe too soon because the fuzzies are stuck to the top. So, I removed her cloth and replaced it with this new pretty plaid cloth. I also made two accent pillows out of some fabric from my scrap box. I am guessing that this chest is at least 100 years old but there is no date on it. My grandma would have been 103 years this old...and well, it was her grandpa who made this. It is made out of Rosewood.
Tomorrow, I will spend most of my time cleaning up everything that I got out yesterday...but there might be some time for a few more projects. Pinterest has truly inspired my home projects!
Tomorrow's projects may include the glue gun and an electric screw driver...
Here are a few of my plans and pins:
Reese's Bumble Bee Sculpture

Make a sign for the laundry room wall with this saying...
"IRONY: the opposite of wrinkly"
Make a sign for our bedroom wall with this saying...
"I love you always forever. Near or far, close and together."
Make a lean-to shelf out of a palette for our bedroom
Make a photo display in our downstairs family room
AND
hang my new letters RIDENOUR

Clean up and bring in my EMPLOYEES footstool for my office
oh, and I might do my dishes too...maybe...






No comments:

Post a Comment